Off-Highway Vehicles

The License Center has the ability to register, transfer, and renew registration of your off-highway vehicle.

New Registration

If you are registering your off-highway vehicle for the first time, we will need the following information: year, make, model, serial number, engine size, and dry weight. New requirement: Total width measured from outside of tire rim to outside of tire rim.

Transfer Ownership

Off-highway vehicles are not titled. If previously registered in Minnesota, bring in the registration card along with the proof of purchase (bill of sale) from the previous owner.

Registration Renewal

Off-highway vehicle registration is valid for three years and expires on June 30th. The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) typically mails renewal notices a couple of weeks prior to expiration. Please bring this card to the License Center. If you do not receive the notification, the registration number will be sufficient as long as the vehicle is in your name.