Motor Vehicles

Come see us at the License Center to renew vehicle registration, transfer a title, apply for special plates, obtain a disability parking certificate, and much more!

New Law: Insurance Information Required to Register Motor Vehicles

Minnesotans who are registering, renewing license tabs or transferring ownership of motor vehicles and motorcycles will need to provide insurance information under a law change that takes effect on January 1, 2016.

Every owner will need to provide the following information:

  • Name of insurance company
  • Policy number
  • Expiration date of the policy