- Elections & Voting
- GFW ISD 2365 Special Election - April 11, 2023
GFW ISD 2365 Special Election - April 11, 2023
Please visit the GFW School website for additional information on the Bond Referendum to be held April 11, 2023.
Voters wanting to vote in-person on Election Day (April 11, 2023) may do so at their combined polling place.
Absentee Voting / Early Voting
The Sibley County Auditor-Treasurer's Office is administering Absentee Voting for the GFW Election. All voters residing in the GFW School District, including those in Sibley, McLeod, Nicollet, and Renville County, must vote absentee in-person or mail their ballot to the Courthouse in Gaylord. An application must be completed by anyone wanting a ballot.
Voters residing in the GFW School District who wish to vote early must request an absentee ballot by completing an https://mnvotes.sos.state.mn.us/ABRegistration/ABRegistrationStep1.aspx Absentee Ballot Application to receive their ballot by mail or they may vote early in person at the Sibley County Auditor-Treasurer's Office at the Courthouse in Gaylord.
You could also enter/View/225 contact our office and we will mail or email one to you or you can pick one up at the GFW District Office.
Voting Early In Person
Voters may also vote early in person at the Sibley County Auditor-Treasurer's Office at the Courthouse in Gaylord.
In-Person early voting is available during the following times:
- 8:00am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday
- The Saturday before the election from 10:00am to 3:00pm
- The Monday before the election until 5:00pm
Voters who wish to put their voted ballot directly into the tabulator/ballot box may do so beginning 7 days prior to the election until the day before each election at the Sibley County Auditor-Treasurer's Office. This is called Direct Balloting.
Voting Early by Mail
Once we receive your application for an absentee ballot at the Sibley County Auditor-Treasurer's Office, we will process the request and mail the ballot to you. Applications received after 2:00 pm will be processed and the ballot will be mailed the next business day.
Returning Your Absentee Ballot
After voting an absentee ballot, the voter should return the voted ballot as soon as possible. The most important things to remember:
- Follow the instructions provided in the mailed packet.
- Be sure all required information and signatures are provided. A witness is required.
- Your ballot must be received by the Sibley County Auditor-Treasurer's Office by 3:00 pm on Election Day (April 11, 2023) to be counted.
Absentee ballot voters have three options for returning their voted ballots:
- Postage on the return envelope is prepaid and the envelope is pre-addressed so ballots can be mailed to the Sibley County Auditor-Treasurer's Office.
- Return your ballot in the provided envelopes by dropping it off to the Sibley County Auditor-Treasurer's Office at the Courthouse in Gaylord or in the drop box in the lobby of the Sibley County Auditor-Treasurer's Office.
- Please note: laws have changed since the 2020 State General Election; therefore, the locked drop box on the outside of the West entrance of the Courthouse is NOT for ballot drop off. If your ballot is deposited in the outside drop box, it will not be counted.
- Return your ballot by designated agent. The agent must be at least 18 years old, must bring in a photo ID, and will need to complete a short form documenting the delivery of the ballot (limit of three others’ ballots can be returned as an agent).